Unable to implement Digital signature In R12.2

Unable to implement Digital signature In R12.2

parag_narkhede
Hi,

We are using R12.2 and want to implement digital signing for AR Invoice Printing report.

In $XDO_TOP/resource/xdo.cfg, we have written below-
<property name="system-temp-dir">/tmp</property>
<property name="signature-enable">true</property>
<property name="signature-pkcs12-path">/data/VISION/apps/fs2/EBSapps/appl/xdo/12.0.0/resource/TestSigning.pfx</property>
<property name="signature-pkcs12-password">123</property>
<property name="signature-field-location">top-center</property>

and after completion of AR invoice printing program, we are running a Bursting program, but its not adding signature to the PDF output.

Could you please suggest.

Re: Unable to implement Digital signature In R12.2

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Did you follow the MOS note below?

How to Set Up Electronic Signatures in EBS R12.1.3 and R12.2.x (Doc ID 2231014.1)

There is a limitation though; "Limitations: PDF templates are not supported, requires a Bursting report."

Re: Unable to implement Digital signature In R12.2

parag_narkhede
Thanks Appreciate you help on this. I was feeling helpless on this topic.
Yes, I followed the step as per document id.

Since we have RTF template with output in PDF, as per Oracle, we dont have do anything other than changing xdo.cfg file. So, In RTF , we havent changed anything.

Also, since we are on  R 12.2, we dont need to install any patch.

Any idea, what could be the issue?

Re: Unable to implement Digital signature In R12.2

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
Did you try using position? (I mean pos-x, pos-y) As shown in the example below;

Example with Coordinates:

Note the path includes the PFX file name.
<property name="signature-enable">true</property>
<property name="signature-pkcs12-path">/u01/appl/xdo/12.0.0/resource/Signature.pfx</property>
<property name="signature-pkcs12-password">password</property>
<property name="signature-field-pos-x">306</property>
<property name="signature-field-pos-y">700</property>
<property name="signature-field-width">72</property>
<property name="signature-field-height">36</property>

Re: Unable to implement Digital signature In R12.2

parag_narkhede
Yes, I did try with position. But no luck.
I am running my AR invoice report and then running a XML bursting program to place digitally signed file to some location. but after it burst the output, pdf output doesnt contain sign.

Re: Unable to implement Digital signature In R12.2

ErmanArslansOracleBlog
Administrator
*You have done all the steps correctly right? I mean ->

1) Create an RTF template as per business needs and invoke from bursting.
    Do not include any digital signature related properties in the RTF template.
    These properties are included in xdo.cfg file.
2) Register the template in EBS.
3) Create a bursting Control file. Bursting will display the Digital signature in report output.
4) Attach the bursting file to the report.
5) Define the properties related for Digital Signatures in $XDO_TOP/resource/xdo.cfg file (if the xdo.cfg file does not exists, create a new one with the following properties)
6) Restart OPP to make the xdo.cfg file changes effective.

*You take the following in to account, right?

"PDF templates are not supported" So you are using a RTF remplate right?

*Is the output generated using your RTF template?